Iowa election 2020: When do polls close on Election Day?
Des Moines Register
On Nov. 3, Iowans will go to the polls to elect their congressional representatives and president, as well as vote in a variety of local races.
Early and absentee voting began in Iowa on Oct. 5, but voters will be able to vote in person on Election Day until 9 p.m. As long as you are in line before 9 p.m., you can cast your ballot.
More:Here's what you'll find on your Iowa ballot, plus info about the candidates and their stances
Iowans can pre-register to vote up until Oct. 24, 10 days before Election Day. Voters may also register at the same time they cast their ballots. Visit the Iowa Secretary of State's website for more information on same-day registration.
What you need to know to vote
- Check now: Register to vote, check your status or request a ballot
- Absentee ballots:What's the most common error voters make when filling them out?
- Guide: Election Day 2020: Here's a guide to the key races in Iowa today
- Results:Find all the Iowa results here
- Voting on Tuesday? Here's how to verify if you're registered, find your polling place, what to bring