Valley Rewind: Early 1920s State Street in Black Mountain very different today
This undated photograph from the Swannanoa Valley Museum and History Center’s archives shows a view of the Black Mountain Feed Store on State Street in Black Mountain. The Black Mountain Feed Store was constructed in the early 1920s. From 1935 to 1964 it was known as Pence’s - a five-and-dime store. This building is now a part of the Town Hardware and General Store.