Watch opioid summit live at AARP Facebook page
Black Mountain News
The opioid summit at Lakeview Center for Active Aging at Lake Tomahawk at 10 a.m. today will be livestreamed on facebook.com/AARPNC.
A regional panel of experts that includes medical professionals and law enforcement will discuss the impact of opioids on our communities and older adults. Law enforcement agencies will accept drugs for disposal. Black Mountain Police Department and HealthRidge Pharmacy will participate.
The expert panel includes:
- Holly Jones, NC Department of Justice
- Christina Stenhouse, Buncombe County DSS
- Julia Gibson, Land of Sky Regional Council
- Greg Christopher, Haywood County Sherriff
- Curt Crowhurst, TRIAD Henderson County
- Julie Honeycutt, HopeRx
- Rebecca Chaplin, AARP Mountain Region