Railroad company closing crossings in Black Mountain this week
Northfolk Southern railroad has scheduled repairs to crossings at several roads in the Swannanoa Valley and and Old Fort which necessitate temporary road closures.
The railroad company is closing two or three crossings per day depending on weather, equipment function and track availability to perform its maintenance.
According to Norfolk Southern, roads will be closed at the crossing only and detours will be posted directing traffic around the closures.
The following is a tentative schedule for public roads:
Monday, December 12
• Old Lytle Cove Road in Swannonoa
• Lytle Cove Road near Swannonoa
• Ingles Avenue near Swannanoa
• Blue Ridge Road in Black Mountain
Tuesday, December 13
• Black Mountain Avenue in Black Mountain
• Shumate Road near Black Mountain
Wednesday, December 14
• Broadway Street (N.C. 9) in Black Mountain
• Burgin Cove Road near Black Mountain
• Yates Avenue near Black Mountain
Thursday, December 15
• Depot Avenue near Black Mountain
Monday, December 19
• Orchard Street in Old Fort
Tuesday, December 20
• Catawba Avenue in Old Fort