NEBO — A 12-year-old boy died Friday from apparent monoxide poisoning while two others were hospitalized, according to McDowell County authorities.
McDowell County EMS, along with McDowell County Rescue Squad, Nebo Fire Department, McDowell County Emergency Management and McDowell sheriff’s deputies responded to a home on Chippendale Drive in Nebo around 1:45 p.m. Sgt. Johnsie Parker of McDowell EMS said in a statement.
At the scene, responders found one 12-year-old boy dead and another 9-year-old boy and a 29-year-old man with life-threatening injuries, authorities said. The patients were transported by a pair of medical helicopter from Charlotte’s MedCenter Air to Spartanburg Regional Hospital.
Names of the dead and injured have not been released.
The cause is yet to be determined, however crews found high levels of carbon monoxide in the home. The investigation is continuing.
Sgt. Johnsie Parker, CCEMT-P
McDowell County EMS
The report came in around 1:30 p.m.